Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's getting closer...

Well, we went to the doctor yesterday and everything is going wonderfully! The baby is growing and she is already well over 4 pounds and 16 inches long.

She likes to move around and kick a lot, but the last few days she has limited her movement to when I want to go to sleep. Donnie said she likes to play with me. She is so big though that when she does move, my stomach looks like it is doing the wave.

Her heartbeat is getting so loud and strong! Last month when we went to the doctor she was moving so much that you could hear the heartbeat, but it was muffled by the sounds of her movements. This time, even when she moved, her heartbeat was so clear.

Last Friday was my last day at th enewspaper and we all went out to lunch. My editor gave the baby a present. Now she has even more clothes! It is always very exciting to get more things for the baby, as I am sure she will make use of it all. It also makes me excited for her arrival!

We are down to the last 7 weeks, unless she decides to come a little early. I have been really antsy, but Donnie has always seemed to be very patient about it. Then last night he was playing with Kasi (Deidra and Nnamdi's two-month-old girl) and afterward he looked at me and said, "I want our baby NOW." It's nice to know he is just as excited as I am!

No comments: