Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's just one of those days...

Tonight as I get ready to relax and unwind for bed I have just one question: Why did I even get out of bed this morning?

Last night Sydney decided it would be fun to pull an "all-nighter" - she made it to about 3 a.m. and then finally we could go to sleep. Before that she laid in her crib - which for some reason unknown to man is still in our room- "talking" and kicking at the walls. That was great fun!

At 7a.m. I woke up to a call on my cell phone. It was my sister's number so I thought maybe it is important. Boy was I wrong. Apparently she found a Web site that you can enter in your cell phone number and Samuel L. Jackson will call you and tell you to "wake up and take your partner to see Snakes on the Plane." Yeah, I'll rush right out to that...

Just as I started to fall back asleep Sydney decided it was time to play. I tried everything, but she was not going back to sleep. At lunch she decided that bananas (her favorite "baby fruit") were more fun to spit, throw, and play with than to eat and swallow like the little angel she is.

By the time I could finally take a shower - 3 p.m. is way too late to get ready for the day by the way- the water wouldn't get hot. Each previous attempt was thwarted by Sydney's screams.

Finally to add to the joy of the day, I started cooking dinner. Last night I placed two beautiful steaks, glazed in my tasty marinade, in the fridge. I pulled out the steaks, placed them in a pan and put them in the oven. I was too lazy to mess with the grill. As they began to broil, I started the roasted potatoes and broccoli and cheese. I also put on a can of baked beans.

When everything was ready, I opened the oven and began to pull out the steaks. In my final act of glory I shattered the pan. Yes, I broke the glass dish that contained my beautiful steaks. I spent the next hour cleaning glass shards off the floor and out of the oven. It was great. This is all I was left with.













We had a vegetarian dinner tonight. Broccoli, beans, and potatoes. I must admit, I was a little heartbroken, but Donnie quickly reminded me, "this just means we can have steak tomorrow night now."

1 comment:

Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

I really hate those days!! I was having one earlier but I get to be rescued by date nught in a few hours! love the pan!

Blog Archive