Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Her new bed

When Sydney was born my sister bought her a 4-1 crib - ya know it changes into a toddler bed, day bed, and then a full-size headboard. Anyway, we decided to give the toddler bed a whirl.

Yesterday while she took a nap in our bed, I converted her crib into a "new bed" for Sydney. When she woke up and went into her room she was so excited! She ran to her bed and giggled. There was just one problem: she couldn't climb up into it by herself.



I tried to show her how to do it, but nothing seemed to work.

Finally, Donnie had an idea. We bribed her with a cookie.


So it's only been one night, but she stayed in bed all night and this morning she woke up, got out of bed, and came in to my room to tell me it was morning.

Last night we closed her door so she couldn't come out of her room. This morning Donnie closed the bathroom door, blocked off the other part of our apartment with a baby gate, and cracked her door before he left so she could get out when she woke up. It worked wonderfully!

It was nice to let Sydney dictate her own schedule. Plus, I enjoyed waking up to a smile and a "Hi Mama." Instead of the usual screaming, "Amy! Mama! Amy! Mama!"

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

That is so cute! I love it.