Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas Eve

Donnie's family has a Christmas Eve tradition of eating a "Shepherd's Meal" and acting out the story of the Nativity. This year we went to his sister's house to keep with the tradition (Donnie's family in Idaho got together too, and we had a little Web chat).

We ate things like Salmon ( I looked at it, but did not actually let it pass my lips), cheese, deli meat, crackers, bread, olive oil, fresh fruits, and veggies. I guess it was kind of like what Shepherds ate :-).

Afterwards, the kids "dressed up" like Mary, Joseph, a Shepherd, an angel (Sydney), and Baby Jesus (Jaxon). Then we all read the story of Christ's birth from the Bible and sang a few Christmas songs. Half way through the activity, Sydney disappeared. When she returned, her pants were missing. Go figure.


2 comments:

Catherine said...

I love that! It's nice to know I am not the only one with a kid who likes to take his pants off. My 3 year old hates his sunday pants and gives his primary teachers grief with that one.

Amy said...

That is so funny! Maybe its just the thing to do at this age :-)

Blog Archive