Thursday, March 19, 2009

Story Time

When some people go to the bathroom (for the long haul), they take a magazine or book with them. When Sydney needs to go to the bathrrom, she takes me with her. She feels that bathroom time is the perfect story time.

Usually, she says, "Mom tell me a story while I ...(you know the word)." Tonight, however, she said, "Mom let me tell you a story!"

I was curious to hear what she came up with. I thought maybe she would tell me the story of Goldilocks or The Three Little Pigs (my go to stories), but no, she made up a story all on her own. I thought it was cute (although slightly strange), so I thought I would share it.



The Little Boy and the Giant, by Sydney Young

Once upon a time there was a little boy. One day he saw a big, monster, giant. And the giant ate the little boy in his mouth. Then the daddy came out and screamed. The mommy grabbed the little boy out of the giant's mouth with her big hands. Then they fed the giant meatballs. The end.

I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did! I think she's pretty creative for a 3 year old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this story! it's amazing from a little 3 years old girl. That's so cute. I hope my little girl will tell me a story someday in the future.

Catherine said...

That is pretty clever! Wow she had it all plotted out and everything. Too cute.