Saturday, December 04, 2010

Just smile and say okay

On Wednesday we told Sydney we would be meeting with her teacher the next day for a parent-teacher conference. We told her that we were going to talk about her. She then looked at me and said, "My teacher might tell you that I have been bad, but you just smile and say 'okay', and then don't really listen to her."

After I managed to check my laughter, I began to worry. We were not sure what to expect when we met with her teacher. Thankfully, the conference went well, and Sydney is doing a great job at school. Her teacher said she listens well and follows rules (why not at home?!), she is doing great with her numbers, letters, sight words, and math with manipulatives.

She loves art time, and she is very creative. Ms. Parker said that all of the kids have too explain their pictures so that they can lable them (to show the state Pre-K board when they check up on the program). She said most kids will say, "that's me," or "that's a dog." Sydney likes to tell a story: "This is a little girl who loves to play outside, but she is sad today because it is raining,"
That picture was a girl with a frown and large blue dots (rain) all over the place.

Most of her pictures were that way. Sydney has always been very creative - and a little dramatic too :-).

The only thing she really needs to work is resting time. Sydney refuses to lay on her mat and sleep, so she sneaks books under her blanket and "reads" while everyone naps. She hasn't willfully napped for me in 3 years, so I'm not much help there.

No comments:

Blog Archive