Saturday, January 21, 2006

Could be soon...

Yesterday we had another weekly visit with the doctor. Last week He told us I was dilated to about a 3 and 75 percent efaced. That sounded pretty good to me and made me think, "Oh maybe she'll come early."

Dr. Gamette said most first babies run a little late though so we'll just have to wait and see. The coolest thing we learned is that now Sydney's heart is big and string enough that Donnie can put his ear just below my belly button and listen to her heart beat.

Yesterday we went back hoping for some news that we have progressed a little and we were not disappointed. We are dilated to a little more than 3 and are 80 percent efaced. Instead of waiting until next Friday, Dr. Gamette wants to see us on Wednesday.

After the exam he seemed a little more confident that the baby would come sooner rather than later - which is great for us. We can't wait for her to come! He also said that she is already over 8 pounds and is a very healthy size. She will grow atleast a pound a week and if we have to wait for her due date (2 more weeks) then she will be really big and I am not sure I will appreciate that.

We are now just waiting on her to come and Dr. Gamette gave us one last piece of advice - "The thing that got you into this mess may help get you out."

I guess we'll see.

No comments: