Tuesday, January 31, 2006

She's here!

Well, I am pleased to announce the birth of our daughter - Sydney Blair. Although her official due date was not until February 8, she decided she was ready to come - much to our delight.

On Monday January 23 I awoke at 4 a.m. with a strong contraction, by 4:15 a.m. my water broke and we headed to the hospital. I must admit, at first it wasn't bad. My contractions were about 8 minutes apart and I felt pretty good. Around 5 a.m. I wanted to die and I told Donnie he had to do something about the pain. Finally at 6:30 a.m. I received an epidural and from there on out it was smooth sailing.

My parents were on their way from the other side of the country so we were hoping the baby would wait for them. We started puching around 11:40 a.m. and my parents arrived around noon - that's when the doctor came too.

Thankfully they were there to see her birth. Surprisingly so, Donnie didn't pass out, but rather he made it through the whole process. He even took pictures of it all. I was relieved when I no longer needed to push, as I found this to be the most difficult part of it all!

She was born at 12:33 p.m. and weighed 8 lbs and 8 oz. She was 21 inches long and absolutely beautiful. She looks a lot like her dad, but has her mom's attitude (when she wants to eat you have to feed her immediately or she screams!).

You can check out a picture of her here: http://www.utahportraits.com/hospital/index.php?action=view&BabyID=012306sby

No comments: