Sunday, January 28, 2007

A night out...

Last night we went to the Fun Center with two of Donnie's brothers and their families. I must admit I din't really want to go. I haven't skated since I was 8-ish and Sydney can't even walk yet, so I thought we would be really bored - I was wrong. That doesn't happen very often, so you might want to make note of it.

To my surprise, there was more to do than just skate. They had an arcade, a huge area filled with inflatable jumpers/bouncers (I'm not really sure what they're called), a skating rink, and a skating track. The track was less crowded and lit with more than strobe lights. Plus you didn't have to deal with the loud disco music and couple skates.

The rink and track were not limited to skates either. You could ride a scooter, a tricycle, a Fred Flintstone car, a stroller, or a pogo stick. They had those listed, with pictures, at the entrance.

Donnie skated with Sydney and we let her play a few video games - anything that she could press a button or smack uncontrollably. She even rode a "rollercoaster" with her cousin.









I think she enjoyed all of the noise and people. She didn't cry at all - even though we stayed for 3 1/2 hours. Her favorite part definitely was skating with Donnie though. One lap she started clapping and laughing. She thought it was great!

1 comment:

Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

I wish I could have been there! looks like so much fun.