Saturday, February 24, 2007

Books!

We have decided that Sydney has more toys than she could ever play with, and so we are now investing in books for her (Donnie said something about books are cheaper than clothes so if I feel I really can't leave a store without something for her I should just buy a book).

We just bought the "Big Box of Boynton." It contains three board books by Sandra Boynton. The illustrations are absolutely adorable and the words flow in a nice little beat so it is more like you're singing than reading. The three books in this set are "Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs," "Pajama Time," and my favorite "Barnyard Dance!" Also, at Kohls they are selling Boynton stuffed animals for $5. They are a decent size and the proceeds go to charity, so I bought Sydney a "Barnyard Dog." From what I can tell, the ears taste delicious.

For some other ideas on good reads for toddlers, check out Mama Duck's suggestions.

No comments: