Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Eating Habits

When Sydney finally had enough teeth and coordination to eat "real" food I was so excited. We no longer needed to buy those over-priced boxes and jars of baby food. We could just give her whatever we were eating. At first it worked out really well. Meal time became easy and grocery bills declined.

Perhaps because she is our first child, and we are still trying to figure things out, we didn't realize what a mistake it would be to feed her off of our plates. It started innocently enough - "Here Sydney, see if you like this oatmeal..." Now it has turned into a huge disaster. Sydney will not eat off her own plate. She refuses to let anything pass her lips that did not come from Mommy's or Daddy's plate.

She's not easy to trick either. I will make her a bowl of food and pretend to eat from it, but when I try to give it to her she slaps the spoon away and moves over to Donnie to see what she can get from his plate. Now, she eats almost my entire bowl of oatmeal in the morning and the majority of my chicken at night.

I guess we'll know better the next time around. I wonder how hard it wil be to change those pesky eating habits...

No comments:

Blog Archive