Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bedtime...

After spending weeks trying (unsuccessfully) to convince Sydney to go to bed at a normal hour, I finally decided to change the routine.

For about a week, I would take Sydney into her room around 8:30 and rock her to sleep. We would sit in the rocking chair and while she finished her sippy cup of milk, I would wrap a blanket around her tight and rock. It seemed to work out okay and she never lasted very long. After 10 or 15 minutes I could lay her in her bed and leave. The only problem was that since all of the lights were off, sometimes I would rock myself to sleep too!

Everything changed two nights ago when Sydney decided that she could rock herself to sleep. So I take her into her room, she climbs into the chair, I hand her a sippy cup of milk and a blanket, and she rocks herself to sleep. I turn off the lights and go out and about 10 minutes later Donnie goes in to her room and moves her into her bed.

I just kind of miss rocking her to sleep myself. maybe our next child won't be so independent...

No comments: