Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fun times

Sydney is pretty much potty trained, but sometimes she's a little lazy (or distracted), and just pees in her pants rather than going to the bathroom. So, to help Sydney with potty consistency, we put a Dora chart on the fridge and told her when all 21 squares have a sticker in them we can go to the toy store, and she can pick a prize. The catch is that when she doesn't go to the potty, but has an "accident," we take away a sticker.

I have tried to be very supportive and cheer her on, and I guess it's working. Yesterday I walked out of the living room and Sydney followed me to the bathroom. She walked in and said, "Wow! Mom I am so proud of you! You did a great job! Now we can go put a sticker on your chart!"

She was so excited about it that we did, indeed, put a sticker on "my chart" (a calendar hanging on the fridge). If we fill up my chart do I get a day at a spa?

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That is so funny! So how do YOU lose stickers??? hehe