Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Well, I was out of town and neglected my blog, so I thought I would post 2 today!

Donnie, Sydney and I went to Billings, Montana this past weekend for a wedding. It was my first time to Montana and I didn't really know what to expect. I have always heard that Montana is beautiful. As we were flying in, I looked out of the airplane window and saw huge mountains covered in snow, followed by random houses and sporadic bunches of trees. I thought, "Wow! How pretty!" As the plane approached landing it hit me - I didn't see a single shopping complex, let a lone a major mall. I guess it's not so pretty after all.

The ceremnoy was held at Oscar's Park. It used to be called Oscar's Dreamland and it was a tractor museum of sorts. Oscar Cooke opened it up and filled the land with a variety or tractors and tractor seats. There were also some old buildings like a general store, church house, and a few others. Oscar died about ten years ago and his ahses were put in a box in front of his favorite tractor. That section of the land is now the Cooke Cemetery.

In 1999, the place was closed down and everything was sold off -except the buildings and the cemetery. In 2002 they reopened Oscar's Park and now people hold weddings and other special occassion ceremonies there. You can still check out the buildings and the cemetery. There are a few horses and a donkey there too.

Megan and Warren were married by Warren's uncle Robert by the river that runs along the back of the property. Robert began the ceremony and when it came time for the vows, he asked Megan if she would have Warren to be her husband (insert the remainder of the vows) and she answered, "I suppose." Warrens face turned bright red and he looked a little shocked. Then she said, "I DO!"

Then Robert began to ask Warren the same but before he could get out the words Wrren shouted "I do!" Everyone laughed. You could tell he was nervous. After the ceremnoy they had a reception at the lodge, which is close to the cemetery.

Their colors were royal blue and silver and they had lights strung around the screened porch of the lodge. The tables had royal blue table cloths and candles with royal blue and silver ribbon tied around them. Each table had pictures of either Warren or Megan and then one of them together. It was really cute. I even saw a few pictures of Donnie!

When it came time for the toasts, Donnie, as the best man, started it off. It was very sweet, and Warren's mom and sister Amber told me that he set the bar and the rest of the people fell really short.

After dinner and the toasts everyone danced and we left early - about 10 p.m. because Sydney was ready to sleep. Surprisingly she was really good during the whole thing and didn't cry until about 5 minutes before we left.

No comments:

Blog Archive